You’ll be recording your interview using StoryCorps’ free digital tools: the App, StoryCorps Connect and the StoryCorps Archive. These three platforms will help you to record your conversation and share it with your community.
A project coordinator will pair you with an interview partner or you could select someone from your own life with whom you’d like to have a One Small Step conversation.
Below is a short graphic on recording step-by-step using the App or Connect:
Keep in mind:
- You and your interview partner will need to decide whether or not to archive the recording and make it available online as part of StoryCorps’ Archive.
- You can always opt to delete the recording if either your or your partner are not comfortable having it archived.
- If you archive your recording, the StoryCorps Archive has three privacy settings for you and your interview partner to choose from:
- Everyone: Your interview and related information are available to anyone on the web.
- StoryCorps Community: Your interview and related information are available to anyone with an account on the StoryCorps Archive.
- Private: Your interview and related information are private.