You’ll be recording your conversation via StoryCorps Virtual, an online platform that allows you to connect with your interview partner remotely from the comfort of your home.
A facilitator will join your session and handle all the technical aspects. After the recording you will have the option to preserve your recording with the StoryCorps Archive and with the Library of Congress so future generations will be able to hear it. You will also receive a copy of the recording to use and share.
What do you need to participate in StoryCorps Virtual?
- A strong internet connection
- A computer or tablet (phones may work, but often not as well)
- An up-to-date internet browser
- A camera and microphone (built-in or external)
- Headphones (highly recommended)
We also highly recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome, if possible.